Our Mission Statement
We hear the Shepherd’s voice and follow Him; in worship and witness, in prayer and discernment, in teaching and learning, in service and outreach and in celebration.
For more than half a century, The Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd has been growing and serving on Eau Claire’s west side. The Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd is one of two Lutheran Church Missions in Eau Claire developed in the 1950s. Land was purchased in 1955 and the first service was held on May 15, 1955. The “original church” has become renovated for Sunday School programs. Four hundred forty five charter members had Good Shepherd self-supporting by that fall – a record achievement for this west-side church. Dr. E.M. Hegge was the “official pastor” on November 27, 1955.
In January 1959 a new educational wing was dedicated. In April of 1970 the “current church” was dedicated as Good Shepherd entered a new era with this beautiful new sanctuary.
The story of The Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd has been a continuation of growth. By the beginning of 1971, the church had grown to 1,719 baptized members, a growth curve that attracted national attention. In January 2005 the most recent remodeling and expansion project of the church was celebrated.
In 2015 we celebrated our 60th Anniversary. Read a copy of our “Living History.”